Articles | Volume 11, issue 4
© Author(s) 2020. This work is distributed underthe Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.
How large does a large ensemble need to be?
Total article views: 3,730 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 29 Nov 2019)Views and downloads (calculated since 29 Nov 2019)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 3,730 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 3,126 with geography defined and 604 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 2,551 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,999 with geography defined and 552 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 1,179 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 1,127 with geography defined and 52 with unknown origin.
27 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Changes in precipitation variability across time scales in multiple global climate model large ensembles R. Wood et al. 10.1088/1748-9326/ac10dd
- Ubiquity of human-induced changes in climate variability K. Rodgers et al. 10.5194/esd-12-1393-2021
- More accurate quantification of model-to-model agreement in externally forced climatic responses over the coming century N. Maher et al. 10.1038/s41467-020-20635-w
- Applications of large deviation theory in geophysical fluid dynamics and climate science V. Gálfi et al. 10.1007/s40766-021-00020-z
- The blessing of dimensionality for the analysis of climate data B. Christiansen 10.5194/npg-28-409-2021
- The sensitivity of the El Niño–Southern Oscillation to volcanic aerosol spatial distribution in the MPI Grand Ensemble B. Ward et al. 10.5194/esd-12-975-2021
- Past and Future Climate Variability Uncertainties in the Global Carbon Budget Using the MPI Grand Ensemble T. Loughran et al. 10.1029/2021GB007019
- A global climate model ensemble for downscaled monthly climate normals over North America C. Mahony et al. 10.1002/joc.7566
- Large ensemble climate model simulations: introduction, overview, and future prospects for utilising multiple types of large ensemble N. Maher et al. 10.5194/esd-12-401-2021
- No Internal Connections Detected Between Low Frequency Climate Modes in North Atlantic and North Pacific Basins T. Fenske & A. Clement 10.1029/2022GL097957
- Detecting Climate Signals Using Explainable AI With Single‐Forcing Large Ensembles Z. Labe & E. Barnes 10.1029/2021MS002464
- On the appropriate and inappropriate uses of probability distributions in climate projections and some alternatives J. Katzav et al. 10.1007/s10584-021-03267-x
- Climate model projections from the Scenario Model Intercomparison Project (ScenarioMIP) of CMIP6 C. Tebaldi et al. 10.5194/esd-12-253-2021
- Trends, variability and predictive skill of the ocean heat content in North Atlantic: an analysis with the EC-Earth3 model T. Carmo-Costa et al. 10.1007/s00382-021-05962-y
- Contrasting changes in hydrological processes of the Volta River basin under global warming M. Dembélé et al. 10.5194/hess-26-1481-2022
- Sources of Uncertainty in Multimodel Large Ensemble Projections of the Winter North Atlantic Oscillation C. McKenna & A. Maycock 10.1029/2021GL093258
- Climate change in mechanical systems: the snapshot view of parallel dynamical evolutions D. Jánosi et al. 10.1007/s11071-021-06929-8
- Internal variability and temperature scaling of future sub-daily rainfall return levels over Europe B. Poschlod & R. Ludwig 10.1088/1748-9326/ac0849
- Detection and attribution of summer temperature changes in China during the last millennium Z. Wang et al. 10.1002/joc.7595
- Multi-Decadal Variability and Future Changes in Precipitation over Southern Africa K. Lim Kam Sian et al. 10.3390/atmos12060742
- Robust Evaluation of ENSO in Climate Models: How Many Ensemble Members Are Needed? J. Lee et al. 10.1029/2021GL095041
- Substantial Climate Response outside the Target Area in an Idealized Experiment of Regional Radiation Management S. Dipu et al. 10.3390/cli9040066
- Effects of Excessive Equatorial Cold Tongue Bias on the Projections of Tropical Pacific Climate Change. Part II: The Extreme El Niño Frequency in CMIP5 Multi-Model Ensemble G. Li et al. 10.3390/atmos12070851
- Extreme metrics from large ensembles: investigating the effects of ensemble size on their estimates C. Tebaldi et al. 10.5194/esd-12-1427-2021
- Large-scale emergence of regional changes in year-to-year temperature variability by the end of the 21st century D. Olonscheck et al. 10.1038/s41467-021-27515-x
- Exploiting large ensembles for a better yet simpler climate model evaluation L. Suarez-Gutierrez et al. 10.1007/s00382-021-05821-w
- Partitioning climate projection uncertainty with multiple large ensembles and CMIP5/6 F. Lehner et al. 10.5194/esd-11-491-2020
Latest update: 28 Mar 2023