An explanation for the different climate sensitivities of land and ocean surfaces based on the diurnal cycle
Total article views: 5,843 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 19 May 2017)Views and downloads (calculated since 19 May 2017)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 5,843 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 5,495 with geography defined and 348 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 4,957 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 4,612 with geography defined and 345 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 886 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 883 with geography defined and 3 with unknown origin.
17 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Radiation as the dominant cause of high-temperature extremes on the eastern Tibetan Plateau Y. Tian et al. 10.1088/1748-9326/acd805
- Radiative controls by clouds and thermodynamics shape surface temperatures and turbulent fluxes over land S. Ghausi et al. 10.1073/pnas.2220400120
- Working at the limit: a review of thermodynamics and optimality of the Earth system A. Kleidon 10.5194/esd-14-861-2023
- What limits photosynthesis? Identifying the thermodynamic constraints of the terrestrial biosphere within the Earth system A. Kleidon 10.1016/j.bbabio.2020.148303
- The Importance of Heat Storage for Estimating Lake Evaporation on Different Time Scales: Insights From a Large Shallow Subtropical Lake P. Bai & Y. Wang 10.1029/2023WR035123
- Year-long atmospheric characterization effort for laser weapon testing on the Potomac River Test Range at the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division E. Bates et al. 10.1117/1.OE.61.7.076105
- Diurnal land surface energy balance partitioning estimated from the thermodynamic limit of a cold heat engine A. Kleidon & M. Renner 10.5194/esd-9-1127-2018
- Evaporation from a large lowland reservoir – (dis)agreement between evaporation models from hourly to decadal timescales F. Jansen & A. Teuling 10.5194/hess-24-1055-2020
- A Maximum Entropy Production Hypothesis for Time Varying Climate Problems: Illustration on a Conceptual Model for the Seasonal Cycle V. Labarre et al. 10.3390/e22090966
- Evaporation from a large lowland reservoir – observed dynamics and drivers during a warm summer F. Jansen et al. 10.5194/hess-26-2875-2022
- Using phase lags to evaluate model biases in simulating the diurnal cycle of evapotranspiration: a case study in Luxembourg M. Renner et al. 10.5194/hess-23-515-2019
- Do Surface and Air Temperatures Contain Similar Imprints of Evaporative Conditions? A. Panwar et al. 10.1029/2019GL082248
- How aerosols and greenhouse gases influence the diurnal temperature range C. Stjern et al. 10.5194/acp-20-13467-2020
- Sonne oder Treibhauseffekt? A. Kleidon 10.1002/piuz.202001560
- Testing a maximum evaporation theory over saturated land: implications for potential evaporation estimation Z. Tu et al. 10.5194/hess-26-1745-2022
- Diurnal Cycle of Surface Air Temperature within China in Current Reanalyses: Evaluation and Diagnostics J. Du et al. 10.1175/JCLI-D-17-0773.1
- Stronger Global Warming on Nonrainy Days in Observations From China M. Du et al. 10.1029/2019JD031792
Latest update: 09 Dec 2023