Subtopics to be included (but not strictly limited to) are
- global distribution of water vapour: evaporation and precipitation, water vapour flux and divergence, long-range transport of water vapour;
- source-sink relationships: methods used to establish source-receptor relationships, analytical or box models, numerical water vapour tracers, physical water vapour tracers (isotopes);
- global source and sink regions of moisture: oceanic sources, terrestrial sources;
- extreme events: atmospheric rivers, evaporation hot spots, anomalies of moisture transport linked to drought periods;
- low-level jets, warm pools, monsoons and their role in the transport of moisture;
- the identification and characteristics of moisture sources within the scope of palaeoclimatic studies;
- implications of climate change: changes in water vapour, changes in large-scale circulation related to moisture transport, changes in precipitation, aridity, and soil moisture.